Audio/Video Forensic & Restoration Associates –
2 Step Voice comparison process:
The Computer Based Spectrum Analysis:
- Using our Digital Audio Workstation (D.A.W.) we will enhance and transcribe the “unknown” voice recording.
- An “exemplar” sample will be recorded at our facility (Using our sister company Audiomatrix Studios)
- This can be done either by phone or in person
- We match the words from both the “unknown” and “exemplar” samples.
- These matched words are then compared using the Computer Based Spectrum Analysis.
- The result is a graphic print displaying two lines for each pair of word samples.
- The sets of graphs are examined and compared.
Qualified Aural Listening:
- With repeated listening to the comparison samples, a subjective but informed impression is reached based on the following factors of Speech and voice qualities:
- Emphasis of words and phrases
- Cadence (How words and phrases are grouped together by the individual)
- Our Associates have many years of experience listening to audio recordings, transcribing voices and performing voice analysis. This allows us to determine with a reasonable degree of certainty if the voices are:
- Likely matches
- Not likely matches