Enhancement of Video
VIDEO SECURITY/SURVEILLANCE FILES, SINGLE FRAME ENHANCEMENT
Surveillance cameras, cell phone video, camcorders, police body cameras and police in-car cameras are capturing events all the time.
Often these videos are used to assist in investigations that may be used in a court of law or other official proceedings. Private citizens may simply want to have documentation for their own purposes.
These videos are like audio recordings in many ways. The quality of the video is often in poor or fair condition. Some may not have been professionally recorded, like a cell phone video. Others, for instance surveillance videos, are not always close enough to the event, or are limited in detail, and dark due to weather or time conditions. In-car cameras or police body cameras may have rapid movement or are not centered on the action being investigated.
Using all available evidence is helpful for any investigation. (*See also Audio from Video Enhancement)
There are some options to gather the available evidence from these poor-quality videos.
- Still Frames – Creating a photo of a single frame, can be useful to capture a clear shot of the event/person/thing involved.
- Slow Motion Video – Used to slow down the speed of the video, and allow viewers to see the action over a longer period of time than actually captured.
- Zoom – Both still frames and slow motion videos can be zoomed into the relevant part of the video, for a clearer picture of the event/person/thing involved.
- Quality Enhancement – Professional Tools used to sharpen, lighten, darken, rotate etc. an image or video for the enhancement of the image or video.
We also offer a presentational package of all enhanced video and still frame evidence for court viewing.
1 Original Surveillance Video
2. Above video at a slower speed.
3. Video from a surveillance camera, slowed down.
4. Still frames from the above video, showing the action frame by frame. We highlighted important actions and presented it with a PowerPoint ready for court viewing.
5. Original Video from a Police Dash-Cam.
6. Zoom and Enhancement applied to above Police Dash-Cam Video.
7. Original Cellphone Video
8. Enhancement of above Cellphone Video